PROF. ANDRZEJ NOWAK RECEIVED “DOCTORIS HONORIS CAUSA” DEGREE.

Warsaw, November 15, 2017.

Professor Andrzej Nowak, Chair of the Council of Polish Engineers in North America and Chair of the Department of Civil Engineering at Auburn University in Alabama, received an honorary degree “Doctoris Honoris Causa” from the Warsaw University of Technology, Poland.  This is highest academic honorary doctorate that can be awarded by the academic institution for the distinguished contributions to a specific field or to society.

“Recipients are selected through a rigorous vetting process that requires the agreement of academics throughout Poland, while considering the candidate’s research contributions and societal impact within Poland.  Prof. Nowak is the 70th to receive this honor in the 100 year university’s history.  Previous recipients include Olgierd Zienkiewicz (a pioneer of the finite-element method) and Maria Curie Skłodowska (Nobel Prize in chemistry and physics).  Numerous dignitaries were in attendance at the ceremony honoring Prof. Nowak, including presidents from many of the top universities throughout Poland.” - USPTC, San Francisco.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Andrzeju Drogi, Chlubo Nasza!

Wszem i wobec ogłaszam samozwańczo, że tytuł Doctoris Honoris Causa nadany Tobie przez  Politechnikę Warszawskką to rezultat nie tylko Twej przełomowej pracy naukowej w dziedzinie niezawodności lecz również Twego nieprawdopodobnie ogromnego wkładu w przekazywanie wiedzy do Polski i wspieranie młodych, zdolnych i ambitnych polskich inżynierów w ich wysiłku przedłużania studiów zawodowych na uczelniach amerykańskich.  Chylę czoła przed mądrą decyzją polskiego środowiska naukowego, w tym w szczególności JMR i Senatu Politechniki Warszawskiej. Jest dla mnie zaszczytem być Twoim współpracownikiem w ramach  Rady Inżynierów Polskich Ameryki Północnej.

Szczerze oddany,
Piotr

Piotr D. Moncarz | Ph.D., P.E., NAE
Stanford University
California

MEMBERS

• Icon 01
  • Icon 02
  • Icon 03
  • Icon 04
  • Icon 05
  • Icon 05